The armory and museum of the Schützengesellschaft Attendorn 1222 e.V. is the Bieketurm, which was built in the 13th century as part of the fortifications of the town of Attendorn. After the town fire of 1783, large parts of the town wall were used as "quarries" for the construction of new buildings, so that the fortifications were almost completely demolished in 1812. Apart from the Powder Tower, only the Bieketurm remains. It was taken over by the shooting club in 1985 and converted into the armory and museum of the Attendorn shooting club in 1993. Since then, the flags, royal chains, Iser heads, armor and halberds of the shooting club have been on display here between shooting festivals. Guided tours are also available by prior arrangement, lasting approx. 1 hour (subject to a charge).
(Text: Schützengesellschaft 1222 e.V.)