It used to belong to the village of Ronnewinkel, which disappeared due to the damming of the Biggetalsperre in 1965. The first chapel was built on this site in 1725. In 1849/50 a new building was erected, which was very close to the present appearance of the chapel. Over time, the chapel fell into disrepair until 1975, when it was rebuilt by a citizens' initiative founded for this purpose.
Since then, this citizens' initiative has taken care of the preservation of the chapel and celebrates a mass in the chapel every year on St. Valentine's Day. There are also contacts with a parish whose patron saint is St. Valentine. For many years there have been annual reciprocal visits.
The chapel building is simple and unadorned. Its plan is hexagonal, with the south end forming a kind of angular niche, while the other three sides are at right angles to each other. The small altar is also located at the south end. The entrance is on the north side and above it, on the ridge of the roof, rises a small tower, a so-called ridge turret, in which hangs a small bell. The bell can be rung by a pulley.
The chapel houses an image of St. Valentine, an older metal figure of Our Lady and a Valentine's relic.
The Valentinskapelle is located on the western shore of the Obersee, below the Kreuzberg. It can be reached on foot from the recreational pool via the lakeside path.