The newly designed promenade with "Airlebnisweg" in Amecke, at the foreshore of the Sorpesee, is a real enrichment for the village, its inhabitants and its guests. The beautiful lakeside promenade is about one kilometer long. In addition to the visually appealing local recreation area, the absolute highlight is the health trail "Airlebnisweg" with many exciting stations to linger and discover. Under the motto "Amecke's Water and Breathing Active Airlebnisweg", the themes of "water" and "healthy breathing" are linked together and invite Sundern citizens and guests to actively participate.
The 3.4 km long circular trail "Airlebnisweg Amecke" is barrier-free and includes more than 15 individual stations on the overarching theme of water and breathing as core components of life. This theme is conveyed at each station of the trail in a varied, experience-oriented manner and with the integration of natural conditions.
Why not visit the water experience area and the water fountain, try out the barefoot path or let yourself be seduced in the historic aroma and scent garden?
Directly opposite the promenade is also the landing stage of the "MS Sorpesee", which will comfortably take you to the other shore of the Sorpesee and back again. Departure times between Good Friday and the end of October in Corona times: Please check for Corona-related deviations at https://www.personenschifffahrt-sorpesee.de/ before taking a boat trip.
Find out what there is to discover here. Bet not only the little ones have fun there?
- The barefoot elements of wood, artificial material and natural stones: live on the loose! Try it with your eyes closed and experience the different surfaces from everyday life under different conditions.
- The rotating bar: Find your balance! You don't need to stand on wobbly legs.... With a little practice you will find firm footing again.
- The foot reflex zones: The feet are the reflection of the body! A pressure on the right spot can work wonders and you can get your body energy going again.
- The health trail: Keep fit! Regular exercise promotes health, keeps the body fit and increases well-being. Whether young or old, here you have the opportunity to be active with the playground equipment.
- The historical aroma and scent garden: A feast for the senses! Here you can discover different aromas and scents around the theme of "healthy nutrition" and "healing with plants".
- The listening tube: Listen to the sound of nature! Listen carefully...Maybe you can find out what sound is hidden behind the pipe and where it comes from.
- The lagoon: Enter the lagoon! The low water at this point in the lake is perfect for splashing around for our younger visitors and for refreshing on warm summer days.
- The muddy area: Have you packed your muddy pants? Then nothing stands in the way of dirty fun.
- The sensory labyrinth: Experience nature with your senses! In the labyrinth you meet yourself.... Search the way to the end, maybe you will see yourself with completely different eyes.
- The Sorpeaal: Overcome the height! Balance over the eel to the water or use the arm plunge pool to discover one of the five pillars of Kneipp therapy for yourself.
- The play ship: Ahoy, the anchor is weighed! Come aboard for a little stop and frolic.
- Tautret path and foot washing area: walking barefoot strengthens your well-being! Strip off your shoes and do what our ancestors have always done: Walk barefoot!
- The water experience place: Move the water with your own power! Have a wet and merry water fight with the water cannons or dam up the water in the "Hespe" and the "Sorpe".
- The water fountain: Enjoy the sight! From this place you can observe the interaction of water and light and be fascinated by it.
- The water lounger: The way to relaxation! Feel weightless for once? Enjoy a few quiet minutes here directly above the water surface.
- The water stairs: Built close to the water! From here you can get directly to the water and refresh yourself.
- The water treading place in the lake: "Kneipp" will get your circulation going! Take turns dipping your legs in the water and feel how the "stork walk" changes your well-being.
- Bernoulli's energy equation: Daniel Bernoulli's knowledge and experiments on water pressure and flow velocity have been applied to the construction of water features and fountains since the 18th century. Due to the difference in height between the wetland, which is on the other side of the road, and the spring stone in front of you, the water bubbles without any technical help.
Emergence of the "Airlebnsiweg": As part of the REGIONALE 2013 project "Sauerland Lakes", a near-natural and interactive adventure trail was built around the forebay of the Sorpesee in Amecke in 2014/15.